Friday 18 June 2010

Deep Breaths... Deep Breaths... Deep Breaths

Even tho' some of you might know me, I thought I'd introduce myself to you anyway (this is assuming that my blog will attract a readership and there is an actual 'you'). In theory, writing an intro' shouldn't be a problem, it's been suggested that verbosity is a gift with which I have been bountifully blessed. Much to the dismay of those around me!

Turns out its a bit more tricky that I imagined. Every time I've tried to composed a paragraph about myself it reads remarkably like a rehearsed script from a 'Miss World' interview -

Hello.... My name is Ellie von Squeak. I've just turned 40 (some wrinkles but nothing a bulldog clip to the back of the head wouldn't cure). My hobbies are reading; writing; eating; and stealing rocks. I have a slight obsession for stationary, particularly pens. I acquire... erm I mean collect unusual rocks, oh and postcards from far flung exotic places. I don't like coffee or tomatoes (separately or combined). Oh yes, and my one wish would be for.. ah let me see, world peace!

You can see my point, yes?

So moving swiftly on, the reason I'm starting this blog is because I've heard there is a great virtual community of people who enjoy having a voyeuristic look into the cut and thrust of other people's live and what with me being a latent megalomaniac - I thought this would be a perfect partnership!
That ^^ and the fact I'm winging my way to Sri Lanka with my youngest monkey... on holiday, well to volunteer really with a wee bit of holidaying.. but mostly its about the rocks! I heard that Sri Lanka has more types of gemstones than any other country and that was me sold.

With one week to go I feel primed and ready for action and am very much looking forward to getting to know new people! Someone? Anyone? Oh and blogging about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment